When you are thinking to install a bath tub in your home for your parents or grandparents who are old or handicap, then installing an ordinary bath tub is not a good idea. In normal tubs there will be no support for them and so there are more chance for them to slip and fall down. In order to get rid of this type of situation, you have to consider establishing a bath tub with support system. There are tubs which come with doors, handles and ports which can be a perfect option for your home, as they offer a good support to people who use it to take bath.
Once you have decided to go for such kind of tubs with a door, then you have to take a look at a few points such that you will find out a good one that satisfies all your requirements. Something that you have to consider when buying bath tubs are as follows:
- Doors – You can find bathtubs whose doors can be opened inside and outside and it is totally up to you in choosing one how the door opens. If you have less space then opening inside is a good option.
- Size – This is another thing that you have to pay attention to, as these tubs come in various sizes and choose one that fits well for your bathroom.
- Cost – Since it is different from the normal bathtubs, it will definitely cost a little higher and so you have to choose one that fulfills your needs for both present as well as future, thus you can save your money on a long run.
- Quality – One of the most pivotal things that you have to do while buying one is, make sure whether it is good in quality and has leak proof aspect.
- Type – These days you can even come across a variety of tub types and you have to go for one that is best for you.
- Height of step-in – When you are installing baignoire pour handicapé or people with mobility issues, then you have to prefer one with low step-in height so that they can enter into it without any discomfort.
- Time to fill and drain – It is good to consider, as you have to wait until it is filled and drained and by knowing it, you can save your time. It is good to go for one that takes less time to fill the tub.
These days, this type of tubs is being installed in numerous old age homes and other places where handicaps and elder people are residing. So you can definitely get more benefits from these tubs but make sure that you are buying one from a good service for avoiding future issues.