Your home is your sanctuary, a place of serenity but all that goes away when something as simple as a window sash is broken. On top of that, the worst part about fixing something in your home is the emotional pain you feel when you pay for the fix with your hard earned money. That being said, calling in the professionals that provide sash window repair London services is the best approach since the result will be satisfactory, to say the least.
On the other hand, if you are one of those individuals who are handy with tool kits, it is best that you read the following sections thoroughly. Fixing up a broken window sash might be a tad bit messy but it is way too easy!
The following section consists of 5 easy steps that you can implement all by yourself in order to repair a window sash in no time. So here it goes:
- Step 1: Apply duct tape on all sides of the broken window sash to make sure that the glass doesn’t fall off. Next order of business is to unlock your window, lift it up for about two inches and find the tabs on the sash. Make sure that you push the tabs of the sash to the centre position.
- Step 2: Pull down the sash to the position where it is parallel to your floor.
- Step 3: There are two metal tabs in your window sash that are holding the same in the window frame. You need to dislodge these metal fittings by pushing it on its sides. This is the only way you can remove the sash from the window frame.
- Step 4: You can either go for a new window sash or use the parts from the existing ones in order to minimise the fixing costs. While doing so, make sure that the metal tabs from the older sash are a perfect fit for the new sash. If they don’t match, you would need to buy ones that fit perfectly with the new sash. If you fail to do so, the sash won’t fit back into the window frame.
- Step 5: The metal tabs are held in place with screws so make sure that you are securing them after you put them back in place with a screwdriver. After all of these are done, it is now time to put the new sash back into the window frame. Installing the window sash is as simple as taking it off. All you have to do is to follow the steps you took while taking the sash off in reverse order, that it.
Another approach you can take is to leave all the heavy lifting to professional window sash repairing service providers. We know it was mentioned earlier but it is our way of reminding you that DIY projects can’t always deliver reliable results. Professionals make sure that your window sash is repaired in no time and you are spared from all the mess of doing it all by yourself. So, what are you waiting for? Call in the professionals now!